Link to the Causes Petition to regulate coroner and medical examiner. Sorry I neglected to include it as I promised.
Many of you have followed the ordeal our family experienced following the sudden, unexpected death of our son Raymond Zachry, the subject of this site. It has been five years and still the local coroner refuses to release all of the autopsy report or allow an investigation into the strange circumstances surrounding his death – or the poison that was in his blood.
It has taken all these years to discover that NO ONE oversees the coroner, they are not required to have a medical degree (only high school diploma or equivalent) and do not have to account for their findings to anyone.
Today, I filed a petition online at CAUSES. The link is here and I hope you will sign the petition and ask that your friends and family do also. If you are not sure about signing online, then please read the information, copy or write your own letter to your senator, representative and governor. It is so important to stop the unregulated sale of human body parts, make this public servant accountable and establish an independent oversight committee.
Thank you and hopefully we can reach our goal of 50,000 signatures very quickly. I am meeting with someone next week on this matter and it will be very helpful to have a great number already signed.
Thank you, everyone for your continued Internet friendship. God Bless each of you.
Fair Hill, MD and Inverness, Florida
- How to Investigate Coroners and Medical Examiners (justiceforraymond.wordpress.com)
- Coroner identifies Erie man who died in Highpoint Towers fall (goerie.com)
- Amendment made to coroner’s finding (nzherald.co.nz)
- Coroner: Crew Player’s Death Caused By Genetic Heart Defect (nbc4i.com)
- Coroners work for the public! (justiceforraymond.wordpress.com)
- Time for Coroners to Get Out of the Basement Morgue (kimball.typepad.com)
- Chief coroner plans specialist groups to investigate complex cases (guardian.co.uk)