Confined to a wheelchair, Anthony Marshall, 89, appeared in a Manhattan courtroom today with his wife, Charlene, by his side, where a judge ordered him to start serving his one-to three-year prison sentence.
This case has been in the news since 2007, when Brooke Astor, NY socialite died August 2007 at 105 from Alzheimer’s disease, a month earlier than another case that has had attention only through an Internet blog and website.
September 25, 2007:
The story of Raymond Marc Zachry, a 47-year-old man who was found dead beside his truck in
Souderton, PA September 25, 2007 has been in court nearly as long as the Astor case. However, few lines appear in print media.
Will forgery, fraud and forgery, charges we relate to the rich and famous whose multi-million dollar estates made the average, hard-working envious as the headlines and stories seemed endless.
Stuff for the movies, you think? You too could be a victim.
From a Philadelphia newspaper:
BEWARE: If you are a loner, have no children and little close family, and a person suddenly becomes interested in you, your personal finances and family relationship you should beware, your could become a victim of insurance fraud.
How could you become a victim?
Raymond Zachry’s blood toxicology contained a huge amount of lethal chemicals that Dr. Woody Hartgrove, an experienced toxicologist said would have caused his death within 1 – 4 hours.
Homicide? A death investigation is being blocked by Montgomery County Coroner, Walter I. Hoffman whose website states the following:
The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office (MCCO) is committed to deliver high quality professional forensic and laboratory services to the citizens of Montgomery County. Our staff supports our obligation to investigate sudden, unnatural and violent deaths with compassion for family and friends during their time of grief. MCCO operates pursuant to Commonwealth of Pennsylvania law. It investigates and certifies all deaths that are not caused by natural disease or cannot be properly certified by a PA licensed physician on the basis of prior medical attendance.
Raymond Zachry had no prior health issues, yet the coroner report, signed by an attorney says he died from heart attack.
Equal justice, can you become a victim? Look here for samples of altered toxicology reports, Zachry’s forged signature, and the widow who served 25 days for perjury during the Orphans Court hearing.
Zachry was no Astor I suppose is good enough to sweep his death under the Montgomery County Pennsylvania political carpet.
- Judge Orders Brooke Astor Heir To Go To Prison On Thursday (manhattan.ny1.com)
- Headlines that leave you scratching your head (justiceforraymond.wordpress.com)
- Astor’s Son Jailed More Than 3 Years After Fraud Conviction (2) – Businessweek (americanbulwark.com)
- Son who looted Astor heir’s estate turns self in for NY prison sentence (scooprocket.com)
- The phone call no mother should ever receive (justiceforraymond.wordpress.com)
- Coroners work for the public! (thematteroflifeanddeath.com)
- NO JUSTICE: There’s a Reason They are Called “Courts….” (secretsofthefed.com)
- When coroners and medical examiners make mistakes (thematteroflifeanddeath.com)
- This Matter is CLOSED, no further investigation (thematteroflifeanddeath.com)
- When You Know It’s Murder (thematteroflifeanddeath.wordpress.com)