“I can tell you from experience that you must treat every death as if it is suspicious until the evidence proves otherwise. This avoids the dreadful phone call from the medical examiner / coroner three days later, “We have a problem.” This is another reason that a department policy on having an investigator respond to every death case is important. The decision should not be up to the patrol if the death appears to be natural or accidental. I don’t care how many medications or how old the person is. A well-trained, observant investigator should respond to the scene.”
How many others have similar situations, how many citizens are sitting in jail for a crime they did not do because an elected politician refuses to release information that could solve the case.
How did healthy 47-year-old, Raymond Zachry collapse and die beside his truck? And, why no death investigation into the lethal, poisonous chemical that was listed on his NMS Laboratory report?
Why is there no oversight? Why is this a political office, often held by unqualified persons? Why would a politically elected person have so much power over so many law enforcement departments and there is no oversight?
These questions arise every time there is a sudden, unattended death that is ignored by these unqualified, corrupt by power politicians.
According to his bio, Joe Giacalone has a long history in solving cases shelved by detectives and local police. And, some that families believe were mishandled by so-called death investigators. It is worth taking the time to read some of his posts.
From the weblog:
during his more than 20 year career. Most of his career was dedicated to conducting and
supervising major criminal investigations. Joe was the Executive Officer of the 110th Precinct
Detective Squad in Queens and the Commanding Officer of the Bronx Cold Case Squad. He was
responsible for managing thousands of cold case homicides and missing persons cases. While
working, Joe found the time to obtain a Master of Arts in Criminal Justice with a Specialty in
- Local couple arrested on charges of forgery, fraud and conspiracy (thematteroflifeanddeath.com)
- Death Investigation in the US – Medical Examiner or Coroner? (justiceforraymond.wordpress.com)
- Marie Robards: Dorothy Marie Robards paroled in 2003 (justiceforraymond.wordpress.com)
- Fraudster tried to cheat his family out of inheritance by forging late father’s will (UK) (justiceforraymond.wordpress.com)
- Letter to Heaven (thematteroflifeanddeath.com)
- Marie Robards: committed a near perfect crime when she poisoned her father (thematteroflifeanddeath.com)
- Using a Reliable Authority As a Source (srobert941.wordpress.com)